President Bola Tinubu on Thursday appointed Lanre Issa-Onilu as the Director General of the National Orientation Agency (NOA).
This was contained in a statement by presidential spokesman Ajuri Ngelale who also said seven other DGs were appointed for parastatals and agencies under the Federal Ministry of Information and National Orientation.
The new appointees are:
1) National Orientation Agency (NOA) — Director-General / CEO — Mr. Lanre Issa-Onilu
(2) Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) — Director-General / CEO — Mr. Salihu Abdulhamid Dembos
(3) Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN) — Director-General / CEO — Dr. Muhammed Bulama
(4) National Broadcasting Commission (NBC) — Director-General / CEO — Mr. Charles Ebuebu
(5) Voice of Nigeria (VON) — Director-General / CEO — Mr. Jibrin Baba Ndace
(6) Advertising Regulatory Council of Nigeria (ARCON) — Director-General / CEO — Dr. Lekan Fadolapo
(7) News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) — Managing Director / CEO — Mr. Ali Muhammed Ali
(8) Nigerian Press Council (NPC) — Executive Secretary / CEO — Mr. Dili Ezughah
“The President tasks the newly entrusted leadership in these important sub-sectors to innovate and create new opportunities for Nigerians to leverage upon through the effective reform of these key institutions of government which function to unify our people, reshape mindsets, and showcase this great nation to the rest of the world,” the statement added.
“By these directives of the President, the above listed appointments take immediate effect.”