About The M-I-NA Initiative
The Made-in-Nigeria Ambassadors (M-I-N-A) initiative, a product of research and public opinion survey, is designed to bring a fresh breath and reduce the negative perception facing made in Nigeria products within and outside the country. The concept is the outcome of resolutions from the fifth Lagos Public Relations Stakeholders’ Conference, themed: Addressing Reputation and Communication Challenges of Made-in-Nigeria, held at the MUSON Centre, Onikan, Lagos in 2018. The well attended Conference, organized by Addefort Limited in collaboration with the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations, resolved that concerted efforts must be made to promote the best of Nigeria to the world.
The M-I-NA Project is designed to project the best of Nigeria to the world; it is divided into M-I-NA Youth Entrepreneurship Challenge; M-I-NA Annual Awards & Exhibition and M-I-NA Blog @ MINA.NG.
M-I-NA YOUTH ENTREPRENEURSHIP CHALLENGE:
The M-I-NA Youth Entrepreneurship Challenge is a competitive initiative to stimulate creativity, leadership and entrepreneurial spirit among the Nigerian Youths. It will identify, unveil and celebrate young talented entrepreneurs as Made-in-Nigeria Ambassadors.
This is premised on our understanding that sustainable development of any nation is majorly dependent on its ability to engage the youths in productive activities and putting their creativity and energy into profitable use.
The Annual M-I-NA Youth Entrepreneurship Challenge will draw entries from undergraduate students in tertiary schools and graduates within the age of 30 across the country.
Entries will be judged by panel of experts that includes business leaders and successful entrepreneurs. It is expected to become a credible national platform for sustainable engagement and empowerment of the youth.
· To boost positive engagement and business thinking.
· To stimulate profitable business ideas.
· To develop creativity and leadership among youths.
· To promote learning and access to profitable ideas.
· To reward innovative business ideas among Nigerian Youths.
METHODOLOGY (The Annual Youth Challenge)
· The M-I-NA Youth Entrepreneurship Challenge starts with the call for entry and upload of pitch entries on the competition portal by young graduates and students in tertiary schools across the country
· Young graduate within the age of thirty will also be able to participate
· Entries will be screened to shortlist winners for auditions which will produce finalists for the grand finale
· Finalists will vie for the grand prize and awards, competing against the best of other young entrepreneurs from across the country.
· This will be judged by panel of experts that includes business leaders and successful entrepreneurs.
· Finalists have a chance to win seed capital they can use to grow an existing business, launch a new business, or pursue educational goals.
· Winners will be recognized as Made-in-Nigeria Ambassadors.
· Individuals and organisations will be able to support and partner with the event
BENEFITS TO PARTNER
· An opportunity to connect with the Nigerian youths.
· Leverage the relevance of Partner to the youth development and empowerment
· Use the platform to promote the interest of partners.
· Recognize partners in all communication materials.
· Partners will enjoy media promotion on the M-I-NA Blog @ www.mina.ng.
· Media partners will give massive awareness to the project.
· Partner will leverage promotional platforms on social media for global audiences
· Mentoring opportunities for the winners
Mentions in all event media campaign and communications materials
Display of Branding materials at the venue
Advert in the event brochure
Enjoy branding in all marketing materials- website, print and brochure
Leverage on the special pre and post event media coverage and reports
M-I-NA Blog @ MINA.NG
The MINA BLOG @mina.ng is published by AddePub-Consult, a subsidiary of the Addefort. It is an Advocacy, Public Relations and Specialized News platform. It provides a unique opportunity to engage stakeholders and celebrate proudly Nigeria to the world.
The specialized platform is devoted to promoting the best of Nigerians to the world, an advocacy platform to defend the interest of Nigeria, its people, products and values.
M-I-NA Annual Awards and Exhibition:
It celebrates Made-in-Nigeria Ambassadors across industries in the country and recognizes organizations that are at the forefront of promoting the best of the country to the world. The initiative is positioned to change the negative narratives about Made-in-Nigeria and set the stage for the promotion of the best of Nigeria to the world by identifying credible individuals annually through a popular opinion poll from various sectors that include entertainment, finance, technology, energy, power, agriculture, automobile, manufacturing, sports, entrepreneurship, fashion and style, and government that will fly the flag as Made-in-Nigeria Ambassadors for the year.
The programme also features a live Exhibition of Made in Nigeria Products. It is expected to encourage the citizens to begin to patronize and promote Made-in-Nigeria in their domain.
M-I-NA Project is managed by Addefort Limited with support from private and public institutions. Addefort is a Consulting Partner to the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations. The Company is also the Founder and Co-organiser of the highly celebrated annual Lagos Public Relations Stakeholders’ Conference; established in 2014 as a bridge-building talk-shop for stakeholders to interact, discuss and proffer solutions to the socio, political and economic challenges plaguing our nation.